Serve your guests restaurant-worthy flavor with chicken piccata paired with capers, artichokes, and a tangy sauce!
Thin chicken breasts are coated in grain-free cassava before being browned in buttery ghee and topped with white wine sauce. With plenty of servings to go around, it’s the ultimate go-to meal you can make in less than an hour.
Cassava flour stands in for all-purpose flour, providing a light and crispy dredge (without incorporating any eggs). It has the ability to stick effortlessly onto the chicken, allowing savory herbs and spices to further coat the outer layer.
Trying to figure out exactly what to eat on Paleo? Look no further than our FREE 21 Day Paleo Meal Plan.
Grab Our FREE Paleo Meal Plan By Clicking Here!
Mild in flavor, cassava also helps thicken the stock into a rich and tangy sauce paired with ghee, garlic, lemon juice, and white wine. Note: A dry white wine like pinot grigio is recommended (make sure it’s organic with no added preservatives), but you can substitute the wine with an extra quarter cup of chicken stock if preferred.
To get started, use a paper towel to blot the excess moisture off the chicken. You’ll want the chicken to be completely dry since this will help the cassava flour stick throughout cooking. When ready, slice the chicken breasts in half lengthwise and use a meat mallet to pound it to a quarter-inch thickness.
In a shallow bowl, stir together the cassava flour, sea salt, and black pepper. Dredge the chicken breasts into the flour mixture on both sides and set aside.
Next, heat three tablespoons of ghee in a large pan over medium-high heat. Allow two minutes for the pan to get hot, then brown the chicken for four minutes on each side. Transfer the cooked chicken to a plate and cover to keep warm. Repeat with the remaining chicken breasts.
Then, reduce the heat to medium and add the garlic plus remaining ghee to the pan. Pour in the white wine, chicken stock, and lemon juice, while scraping up any brown bits left behind from the chicken. The brown bits are key to giving the sauce extra depth, so give it about three minutes to simmer with the other flavors.
When ready, add the chicken breasts, artichokes, capers and lemon slices to the pan. Heat it for five more minutes, then remove and serve hot. Garnish with fresh parsley and pair alongside roasted veggies or cauliflower rice for a complete meal.
Total time:50 mins
Cook Time:40 mins 40 minutes
Prep Time: 10 mins 10 minutes
Lemon Garlic Chicken Piccata with Artichokes
Serve your guests restaurant-worthy flavor with chicken piccata paired with capers, artichokes, and a tangy sauce.
- Blot the excess moisture off the chicken using a paper towel. Slice the chicken breasts in half lengthwise and use a meat mallet to pound the meat to a ¼ inch thickness.
- In a shallow bowl, stir together the cassava flour, sea salt, and black pepper. Dredge the chicken breasts in the flour mixture on both sides and set aside.
- Heat 3 tablespoons of ghee in a large pan over medium-high heat. Allow 2 minutes for the ghee to get hot and place two chicken breasts into the pan. Brown each side for 5 minutes, then transfer to a plate and cover. Repeat with the remaining chicken breasts.
- Reduce the heat to medium and stir in the garlic, the remaining ghee, white wine, chicken stock, and lemon juice into the pan. Scrape up any brown bits using a wooden spatula and heat for 3 minutes.
- Add the cooked chicken breasts, artichokes, capers, and lemon slices to the pan and heat for 5 more minutes.
- Serve hot and garnish with fresh parsley.
(You’ll Also Love: Crispy Chicken Schnitzel)